Live Your Dreams – 25 Surprising Ideas to Help You Do It
by Michael Feeley
I’m very happy to share this article which was first published on Maria Shriver’s Official Website.
* * * *
Any time is the best times to remember, renew and actually realize your dreams.
The things you dream about… desire… vividly imagine in your life are crucial because they stand for who you really are… your true self and, what you’re meant to do and want to do with your life.
Dreams are real things. They’re like DNA — building blocks of your body. Your aspirations carry stored information about your destiny; they’re designs for your life, plans, goals, strategies, hopes, wishes.
Your dreams might be about your career, your family and relationships, how you want to look and act and live.
Let your dreams guide you directly to the life you are meant to live.
All it takes to get there is belief, love and some hard work.
I’ve always gone after my dreams with a ’passionate, full speed ahead attitude’. Not much has swayed me from what I wanted — to sing and perform, to work with and learn from specific people and to live a happy life. Many of my ambitions have happened, I’m delighted to say, and I’m still running on the energy and power of my dreams…the things I want to do with my life… discovering who I am… stepping into my future.
So please listen to your inner thoughts and your best instincts.
- What are you specifically dreaming about?
- What do you desperately want?
- How can you grasp your dream and dare to live it?
Here are 25 surprising, enticing and provocative thoughts about living your dreams that I love and identify with from some great people of this world. All of these people have gone after living their dreams and helping others to do the same. They make perfect sense. Some of my personal favorites are # 5 by Gloria Steinem, # 13 by Oprah and # 25 by Mark Twain.
May these words and ideals energize you; prime you to make a plan and take action to nurture and live your dreams because… they’re the architecture of your soul; the blueprint of your life; who you’re designed to be.
Use your best mind to find out. Trust and listen to your heart.
1. Don’t let other people’s opinions burn holes in your dreams. – Elsa Joy Baily
2. We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving, and we all have the power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing. – Louisa May Alcott
3. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. — C.S. Lewis
4. When a person really desires something, all the universe conspires to help that person to realize his dream. – Paulo Coelho
5. Gloria Steinem…Without leaps of imagination or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming after all is a form of planning.
6. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.
7. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. – Eleanor Roosevelt
8. A goal is a dream with a deadline. – Napoleon Hill
9. Harriet Tubman…Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
10. My dreams were all my own; I accounted for them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed – my dearest pleasure when free. – Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
♦ ♦ ♦
11. For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.
– Vincent Van Gogh
12. Always be on the lookout for ways to nurture your dreams. – Lao Tzu
13. Oprah Winfrey… The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.
14. A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown. – Denis Waitley
15. Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprint of your ultimate accomplishments. – Napoleon Hill
16. It is an awesome thing to comprehend that what a human being dreams and imagines can be realized. – Vanna Bonta
17. Walt Disney… All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
18. A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.
– Colin Powell
19. To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.
– Anatole France
20. If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. – Henry David Thoreau
21. But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. – William Butler Yeats
22. The more you can dream, the more you can do. – Michael Korda
23. Nothing happens unless first we dream. – Carl Sandburg
24. You have to have a dream so you can get up in the morning. – Billy Wilder
25. Mark Twain… Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Thanks – Michael